Last Revised: 22 May 2018
EVOLUTION FOUNDATION COLLEGE LTD RESPECTS YOUR PRIVACY
Evolution Foundation College Ltd is committed to a policy of protecting the rights and privacy of individuals (including college students, staff, guest teachers and others) in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2016.
Evolution Foundation College needs to process certain information about its staff, students in training and other individuals it has dealings with for administrative purposes (e.g, pay staff, to administer performance projects/showcases, to record student progress, to collect college training fees, to recruit potential new students and to comply with legal obligations to funding bodies and government agencies).
To comply with the law, information about individuals must be collected and used fairly, stored safely and securely and not disclosed to any third party unlawfully.
The policy applies to all students and staff of the college. Any breach of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2016 or the Evolution Foundation College Data Protection Policy is considered to be an offence and in that event, disciplinary procedures may apply.
The following principles are complied with when processing personal data:
- Data is processed fairly and lawfully
- Data is processed only for specified and lawful purposes
- Processed data is adequate, relevant and not excessive
- Processed data is accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date
- Data is not kept longer than necessary
- Data is processed in accordance with an individual’s consent and rights
- Data is kept secure
- Data is not transferred to countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) without adequate protection
Lawful Basis of Processing Data
The lawful basis of processing of data will always be determined prior to any data being processed. The laws for processing personal data under the GDPR are as follows:
- Consent – the individual has given their Consent to the processing of their personal data – i.e. You have ticked a box giving consent when completing the On-Line Application form or the General Enquiry form.
- Contractual – processing of personal data is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the individual is a party – i.e. you have been offered and have accepted your place to attend the college and we need your details to maintain contact with you about this.
- Legal Obligation – processing of personal data is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to adhere to the college Terms & Conditions – i.e. To share specific information on college guidelines.
- Public Task – processing of personal data is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority
- Vital Interests – processing of personal data is necessary to protect the vital interests of the individual or another individual
- Evolution Foundation College processes personal data under one, or more, of the following Lawful Bases:
- Legal Obligation
Type of Personal Data Being Processed
The type of personal data being processed may include:
- Full Name
- Full Postal Address
- Date of birth
- Contact Telephone Numbers
- Email Address
- Emergency contact details
- Previous injuries or illnesses
- Previous training details
- Headshot photograph
- Full length photograph
How Personal Data is Collected
Personal data is obtained from one or more of the following:
- Visits and use of the Evolution Foundation College website Enquiry form
- Use of the Evolution Foundation College website On-Line Application form
- Use of Evolution Foundation College social media sites
- Use of Google Analytics
- Parties entering into agreements with Evolution Foundation College
- Employment enquiries
Why Personal Data is Collected
Personal data is collected to provide legitimate business services which include:
- For Marketing purposes
- For us to review and reply to your enquiry
- To meet our statutory monitoring and reporting responsibilities
- To handle and communicate college training fees, invoice payments
- To improve Evolution Foundation College services and product offering
How Personal Data is Used
Personal data may be used to:
- Process a request for further information, to maintain records and to provide pre-training and post-training support.
- Carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into by you and us
- Comply with legal requirements
- We may use a third party to carry out certain activities, such as monitoring how customers use our website and for maintaining our On-Line Application form and Enquiry form.
- Seek your views or comments on the training we provide
- Notify you of changes to our college training structure
- Process a job application
Where Personal Data is Stored
When an On-Line Application Form or General Enquiry form is submitted it is encrypted by SSL. The forms are instantly emailed to the college Principal. The college emails are stored on a secure server maintained by GoDaddy.com. Access to the email program is protected and requires two-level security. No personal data is stored on the Evolution Foundation College website. Application forms are printed and stored in a locked filing cabinet at the Evolution Foundation College offices. By submitting your data, you consent to the transfer, storage and/or processing of your data wherever it be stored. However, if your data is transferred outside the EEA, steps will be taken to ensure appropriate security measures are in place to ensure your privacy rights continue to be protected as outlined in this Policy.
How long Personal Data is Stored
We review our retention periods for personal data on a regular basis. We are legally required to hold some types of information to fulfil our statutory or Legal obligations. Normally a student’s personal information is only held for the duration of the course, however, in some circumstances we may hold personal data on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us.
Who has Access to Personal Data
Only Evolution Foundation College staff members are granted access to student or service provider information.
Staff are trained on security systems and relevant processes and procedures which are reviewed regularly for ongoing effectiveness and suitability for purpose.
All employees are kept up-to-date on the Evolution Foundation College security and privacy practices. Employees are notified and/or reminded about the importance we place on privacy, and what they can do to ensure that student/vendor information is protected.
Non-sensitive details (your email address and other requested information) are transmitted normally over the Internet, and this can never be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your information, we make our best effort to ensure its security within our premises and on our systems. We will not sell or rent your information to third parties or to Third-Party Service Providers working on our behalf:
We may pass your information to our third-party service providers, agents, subcontractors and other associated organisation for the purposes of completing tasks and providing services to you on our behalf. However, when we use third party service providers, we disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the service and we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure.
Different rules apply depending on the type of Lawful Processing being undertaken. Many of the following individuals’ rights apply, however, whatever the basis of processing:
- The right to be informed how personal data is processed
- The right of access to their personal data
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
The accuracy of personal data is imperative. We aim to keep it updated at all times. The personal data we hold on you is available upon request by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. You can request that your data is updated and/or deleted at any time, unless Evolution Foundation College can justify that it is retained for legitimate business or legal purpose. When updating your personal data, you may be asked to verify your identity before your request can be actioned.
Links to other websites/from other websites
Evolution Foundation College is not responsible for the Privacy Policies and practices of other websites even if they were accessed via the Evolution Foundation College website.
16years or Under
We are concerned and committed to protect the privacy of children aged 16 or under.
If you are aged 16 years or under‚ please get your parent/guardian’s permission beforehand whenever you provide us with personal information.
Changes in our Private Policy
By Mail: Evolution Foundation College Ltd Unit A3, The Seedbed Centre, Wyncolls Road, Severalls Business Park, Colchester, Essex CO4 9HT – Attn:- Data Protection Officer
By Phone: 01206 890555